8.07.2009

Frack! R.I.P. Mr. Hughes

Well part of my teenage self died yesterday. His movies helped me get through my teenage years. I'm pretty sure I still know all the words to the Breakfast Club. The first time I ever saw the Breakfast Club was at the old drive-in, in between Midland and Odessa. I couldn't believe what I was seeing on the screen. I was pretty young at the time, but I was fascinated by what I was seeing. Planes, Trains and Automobiles remains my favorite holiday movie. The scene where Steve Martin tries to get his money back from the car rental agency is one of the best moments in cinematic history. Even funnier when my mom tries to do the scene. So many good movies! Shermer, IL will never be the same. Friday's don't usually suck, but this one does.




No comments:

Post a Comment